Wednesday 2 March 2011

Reference videos (more learning)

Unlike the rest of my class I am using blender instead of 3D Studio Max for my assignment as I am much more familiar with this package and at this stage I think my work would benefit more from sticking to what I know best rather than trying to learn something new this late in the game. I will learn other 3D packages though (3DSM and Maya) to broaden my abilities and be more prepared for industry work.
Due to this it is important that I do my outside learning because the lectures in class are based on Max.

Topology Overview: The Head
This is a very useful reference video to show good ways to model a human head/face. (Not a tutorial).
Notes:

Blender 2.5 Animation
There is a new version of blender that I am trying to come to grips with, they have changed a lot more than the previous updates I am use to, but they seem to have improved it for the better. I did not realise until now that I could get the version of blender which is why I tried to follow the Bouncing ball tutorial using the older version and it was very difficult indeed and very time consuming as well, because it was really quite different. Now I have Blender 2.56 I will go back and see if I can improve on my animated bouncing ball.
This is a short tutorial to show some of the new animation features in blender 2.5
Notes:

No comments:

Post a Comment