Saturday 9 April 2011

Summary

Computer Science
Computer Gaming and Animation Technology
3D Character Animation Blog EJ315001S
Semester 2 Year 3

Drake Duck
By Henry Harling 0804212

This is a blog to represent the design, development and creation process of my character, and to demonstrate and reflect on him.

The blog is in order of date posted not chronological order with newest posts at the top and oldest at the bottom.

The way I have worked is by following tutorials while making notes and developing my character and taking what I have learnt a step further and based my creation on the brief in the module guide and from teacher. I have added to the blog when I can and have written up all of my key notes again on the blog. Through out the development process I took print screen to supplement my notes, I have also worked on sketches and concepts to help the creative process. My character has developed through out it's creation but I pretty much stuck to my original basic idea.
Even though it was recommended to draw the character to scale first and then model it around the drawing I decided I would develop it free hand based on my sketches because a 3D model will always look a bit different to a 2D drawing and I would rather it looked like a cool 3D model that was similar to my sketches rather than a lower quality 3D model that looked exactly like my drawing.
I have made a few animation and videos to show some of what my character is capable of, including one that is a trailer for the game I've imagined him for.

No comments:

Post a Comment